Athletic Taping in Macomb for Healing & Performance
Athletic Taping in Macomb, MI: Dr. Eddie Kaput has been working with athletic tape at his Macomb chiropractic center to promote healing and improve sports performance. The technique used to apply the tape is designed to give joints and muscles the additional support and stability they need, all while working to facilitate healing in the affected area.
What is Athletic Taping?
Athletic tape is a high quality elastic athletic tape that is designed to stay in place during strenuous exercise without irritating the skin. Athletic tape works with your body as you perform daily activities or sports regiments. This is because the elasticity in the tape follows the same level of elasticity found in your skin and muscles. Using taping for posture and support will provide the necessary stability to relax the muscles and relieve pressure. As a result, the patient will no longer get the constant tightness they’ve been feeling. The tape also allows the body to work how it normally does by removing the roadblocks from the healing process. A patient’s range of motion will be restored as well.
Common Symptoms Athletic Taping Can Help
Athletic taping can help with sports injuries and other common injuries including the following:
- Groin and hamstring pulls
- Lower back issues
- Achilles tendonitis
- Plantar fasciitis
- ACL or MCL issues
- Shin splints
- Tennis and golf elbow
- Quickly fatigued muscles
- Rotator cuff problems
- Jumpers knee (PFS)
- Postural correction
- Skin and abrasion protection
- Pain associated with pregnancy
Benefits of Taping at Genesis Chiropractic
Athletic taping has grown more popular in recent years. The benefits of taping are far superior to those of traditional taping methods of the past. These include:
- Joint Correction: Proper use of athletic tape increases the joints’ range of motion while loosening the muscles as well.
- Muscle Support: Athletic tape supports the muscle’s ability to contract. This works to relieve any pain or fatigue felt in the muscle and prevents cramping.
- Allowing flow of body fluids: Athletic tape improves blood flow and promotes lymphatic circulation. This will reduce tissue inflammation in the body.
- Self Healing: There is no medication found within athletic tape. Rather than using drugs or medication to mask any pain, taping helps the body to heal itself.